Announcement for Position Opening: Program Assistant
The South East European Law School Network (SEELS) announces a public call for applications for the position of a Program Assistant of the Centre for SEELS. SEELS is an academic network that brings together 13 distinct Law Schools from South Eastern Europe with the mission to foster excellence in legal science and education through regional collaboration and European integration. The Centre for SEELS is established within the Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” at the University “Ss. Cyril and Methodious” in Skopje. As the coordinating and administrative body of the network it is mandated with the overall management, coordination, PR communication, quality assurance and fundraising for SEELS.
The role of the Program Assistant would be the assistance in the overall administrative and office management works of the Centre for SEELS, as well as to offer assistance and complete support in the implementation of the current projects of the Centre, as described bellow.
The engagement will be part time, for the period of 12 months with the potential for prolongation, based on a service contract, with a probation period of 3 months, and the gross monthly remuneration of maximum 500 EUR.
· Bachelor’s degree in the area of Law (master degree would be seen as an advantage)
· Track record of skills in project management by previous working experience in the implementation of projects, with the accent on the administrative aspects of the implementation of the projects, as well as participation in the development of the same (the previous experience in the projects dealing with law, legal reform and education will be seen as an advantage)
· Excellent knowledge of English language as it is the working language of SEELS (the knowledge of other foreign language will be seen as an advantage)
· Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge and experience in working with its programs (word, excel, power point etc.)
· Basic knowledge and experience in social media and website development and maintenance
· General knowledge on the organization of legal studies and regional cooperation in field of law in South Eastern Europe
The main role of the Program Assistant will be to assist in the overall administrative works of the Centre, to give general support to the Centre’s staff in their day to day work in the implementation of the active projects, to assist in the coordination and to work on the administrative aspects of projects implemented within the Centre, as well as to make sure that all the tasks assigned are completed in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with the strictly defined deadlines and frames of the projects assigned. Additionally, the work of the assistant will be to provide active support in the preparation of the project applications and concepts for projects. This includes the provision of all necessary administrative materials in the preparation phases of project applications in line with donor requirements, as well as regular communication with all parties involved in proposal drafting phases. Furthermore, the role of Project Assistant entail public relations activities for the promotion of the SEELS network.
· Assistance and support in the overall management of the administrative works of the Centre for SEELS and the administrative works within the projects implemented by SEELS, including:
· Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with the Accountancy Company that is engaged by the Centre, (to prepare and organize with them the process of the regular payment of the regular costs related to the work of the Centre and the projects that are implemented within)
· Undertake the overall systemization, compiling and organization of all the documents that are produced from the Centre’s work
· Support in events’ management (such as workshops, summer schools, working groups, conferences, meetings etc.) including preparation of materials for the vents and from the events
· Assistance in the regular editing, updates and control of the SEELS website and the SEELS Facebook group
· Assistance in the activities related to publication of the SEE Law Journal
· Maintain and update the list of contacts of the network and its partners
· Participation and assistance in identifying project possibilities relevant for the network from the aspect of law and active role in the process of preparation of the project application and in some cases in the writing of the parts of the applications that are related to some specific law areas
Application and deadline
Deadline for submission of the application is 01.02.2016 till 16:00 PM. Only the pre-selected candidates will be called on an interview no later than 10.02.2016.
The commencement of the assignment will be as soon as possible after selection.
If you are interested to apply you may find more information at www.seelawschool.org.